- The dining room reveal will be this week! I finally took care of the final touches and photographed it this past week. See the last dining room update HERE.
- The conversation room reveal will follow the dining room reveal! I finished the space (are we going on a year since inception??) and photographed it this past week. See the last conversation room update HERE.
- The master bath (along with master closet, office bathroom, garage, etc.) still have yet to begin. Our contractor estimates are sitting with insurance so I’m hoping we’ll hear back soon so we can get on the schedule and I can start making selections beyond the vanities. See what happened HERE and what vanities I went with HERE.
- On a whim this past week, I decided to go ahead and get another project in the works I’ve been wanting to take on for a while — painting the main part of the house… and whitewashing our fireplace. We are scheduled to head out for our first family vaca in a couple weeks and I think the painters will be able to get most of the work done while we’re away.
- Even though the should-be-a-playroom-by-now room is only temporarily littered with our closet and bathroom contents, the image of disarray is pretty painful. I was going to wait until we were ready to “move back in” before purging and organizing, but since we haven’t even started, I think I’m going to go ahead and start taking on some organization projects to aid in my personal sanity. I will have several accompanying organization posts following the bathroom and closet revamp.
*Posts on KelleyNan.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.
1. Hand Tied Bows w/ Discount Code | 2. Inexpensive Amazon Pillow Cover Pairs | 3. Comfy Lounge Shorts | 4. Vitamin/Pill Organizer | 5. Mother’s Day Gift Ideas Under $50 (see below) | 6. 82″ Faux Olive Tree | 7. Tibet Almond Stick | 8. Basket Planters | 9. Inexpensive Oversized Amazon Sunglasses | 10. Moss | 11. Summer Bucket List (see below)
1. Hand Tied Bows w/ Discount Code: Whenever I share Eliza in Instagram stories, I always get questions on her sweet little bows. I prefer the fabric, hand-tied style over grosgrain and while they’re a little more expensive, I started collecting them when she was a baby and will continue to use them as long as Eliza’s wears bows. Modern Piggy is my favorite bow shop — both for their quality and selection (they add new styles and collections constantly!) and they just sent a discount code for 10% off orders with code KELLEYNAN. I only order clips now and typically try to go with pigtail sets (two bows) but they make it so simple to grow with the bows. I clipped all of her nylon headbands this past year and slid all the bows on THESE inexpensive alligator clips they sell in three sizes. Shipping is free and they also have coordinating bowties, scrunchies, etc. I also have a sweet pair of rain boots and knee high socks for Eliza to grow into 😉 Here’s a look at her this past week, rockin’ one of the hand tied pigtail sets…
And, if you need bow organization ideas, I have the large version of this brilliant, durable, roomy organizer hung in her closet. It holds TONS of bows!
Bow Organizer (photo via FieldDayCo Shop)
Pillow Pair (20″)
I was honestly kind of shocked when they arrived as I didn’t have extremely high expectations for $7 pillows but they are perfect! You can find them in all the colors and sizes HERE.
Scroll & Tap to Shop Mother’s Day Gifts Under $50
A couple of noteworthy favorites are on sale. While these make fabulous, special gifts, they’re also perfect for your own personal treat — especially if you’re planning a trip this year. I use the leather technology roll whenever I go anywhere (it wraps up tightly and is perfect for a carry-on) and the jewelry zip-up is perfect for minimalist jewelry/a weekend trip and as a bonus — while it’s compact, it actually holds bulky bangles. The technology roll is on sale for $29.99 HERE and the small travel jewelry case is on sale for $39.99 in several colors HERE. You can choose the color and monogram style for either.
Here’s a photo I found from this past fall, wearing one of the tortoise shell pairs. Like most things, they ship free via Prime — in my area, they show free one-day delivery 😉
I also used some in this wooden bowl on our living room built-ins. Again, I put some wadded hand towels in the bowl first so I didn’t have to use as much moss 😉 You can find tons of different colors of the preserved reindeer moss HERE, and a pretty, more muted green HERE.
- Visit the Zoo
- Picnics in the park
- Shaved ice/ice cream from the neighborhood truck
- Reading hour at the library
- Date nights/days with Dave
- Swim days at the neighborhood pool
- Play dates with friends
- Sidewalk chalk the driveway
- Bubbles and more bubbles!
- Vacation at the beach
- Music on the back deck
- Sunday dinners in the dining room
- Attend a little league baseball/softball game
- Fishing in the neighborhood pond
- Boat ride
- Visit Babyland General
- Plant and take care of flower pots
- Pick strawberries
- Visit the farmers’ market for fresh summer produce
- Experiment in the kitchen with said produce
- Can jalapeno peppers
- Enjoy summer vegetable suppers
- Tomato sandwiches for lunch!
- Swimming lesson refresh for Eliza
- Play tennis
- Create playroom
- Organize basement
- Start planning for “big girl” bedroom
- Buy fresh peaches
- Make homemade ice cream
- Dine al fresco
- Play at the neighborhood playground
- Run through the sprinkler
- Play in the sandbox
- Potty training
- Ride the merry go round at the mall
- Go to the movies
- Eat popsicles
- Read more books!
- Clean out clothes closets
- Nature walks and scavenger hunt
- Build a fairy house
If you aren’t already, you can subscribe to emails at the bottom of the post to make sure you catch those upcoming room reveals, and stay in the loop for other projects on the horizon!