I’ve been feverishly scouting and brainstorming Christmas gifts for my own list and today, I’m sharing my first round of gift ideas of the season! What do you get for the person who seems to have everything? Or maybe you feel like some of your gifts feel too generic… impersonal… I purchase plenty of gifts that I think are fun for a season but throughout my life, there are some monumental gifts that stand out in my mind. Read on because I’m sharing 15 ideas for special gifts for the special people on your list. Special — as reflected in the ideas below — can mean a variety of things. Maybe it’s because you put a lot of work into it. Maybe it’s because you customized it, specifically for them. Maybe it’s because it’s something they will have forever. Or maybe it’s something they would never buy for themselves. Maybe it’s something that only you can give to them. Whatever it means to you, take a look and get those wheels turning!
*Posts on KelleyNan.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.*
1. Monogrammed Linen Napkins // 2. Burberry Scarf // 3. Schumacher Print Ginger Jar // 4. Mikimoto Pearl Earrings // 5. David Yurman Bangle // 6. Stamped Personalized Christmas Ornament // 7. Recipe Box // 8. Adventure Memento Box // 9. Foil Baby Prints // 10. Watercolor Portrait // 11. Foil Recipe/Note/Text Art // 12. Tumi Leather Wallet // 13. Chloe Medium Marcie Leather Satchel // 14. Men’s Leather Work Bag // 15. MK Men’s Two-Tone Watch
1. Monogrammed Linen Napkins // Customize or monogram a set of classic linen napkins and they’ll be a forever treasure. Great for younger homemakers who are building their entertaining collection. For a smaller scale hostess gift along the same lines, THESE linen guest tea towels are on sale right now 😉 Just remember — when you’re monogramming (if it’s for a couple), the woman’s initial should come first, then the last name initial, then the man’s initial.
2. Burberry Cashmere Scarf // Timeless and classic and will always be in style. This is a forever investment piece that can be passed down as an heirloom. Like a Rolex watch or Louis Vuitton bag, there’s something incredibly special about this Burberry scarf.
3. Schumacher Print Ginger Jar // I am so in love with this gorgeous ginger jar and the fun, unique spin on this traditional design. This is a totally unexpected addition for someone who loves their home but seems to have everything.
4. Mikimoto Pearl Earrings // A true classic, every lady deserves a nice set of pearls. Dave gave me pearls on our wedding day, and again one Christmas, and to this day, those have been some of my favorite gifts. This is another lifetime, heirloom gift — you can select the size on these and the reviews are fantastic!
5. David Yurman Bangle // This favorite is appreciated by those who do and don’t wear much jewelry. Nice enough to wear dressed up but practical enough for everyday wear, all my friends who have these bangles are never without them and have worn them religiously for years.
6. Stamped Personalized Christmas Ornament // This is the ornament I had made for Eliza’s first Christmas. It arrived quickly and is darling in person! You can customize the information you want displayed but it is so dang sweet. TIP: I also wrote in the note section requesting a white/silver string 😉
7. Recipe Box // I’ve said this before but one of my all time favorite gifts was a handwritten recipe book my mom made for me, composed of all my favorites growing up. Whether you want to fill the box or just get the recipient started, this gift will be remembered, used, and passed down.
8. Adventure Memento Box // A reason to upgrade the shoebox! This darling “Our Adventures” box can hold small mementos and memories — not just for couples — but for families, mother/daughter, etc. It’s cute enough to keep on display on a shelf or console table too — no need to hide this in the top of the closet 😉
9. Foil Baby Prints // Send in your baby’s hand/footprints and you’ll get a custom-framed, foil print of them in return. I LOVE THESE! No kids? You can have a foil pressed silhouette print of your pet made HERE. How cute are those?!
10. Watercolor Portrait // All you have to do is send a portrait (family, wedding, etc.) to this small shop and they will create a watercolor version in one of three sizes of your choosing. I absolutely love this idea!
11. Foil Recipe/Note/Text Art //Like the illustration prints, you can have any text or drawing made into foil-pressed art. A sentimental note, handwritten vows, a handwritten recipe from your grandmother — perfect to be framed in the kitchen — or even a child’s drawing… it can all be turned into gorgeous framed art.
12. Tumi Leather Wallet //An super easy and super nice upgrade if the guy(s) on your list has a wallet that’s seen better days. Like other personal items and despite how often they are used, wallets tend to get moved to the backburner.
13. Chloe Medium Marcie Leather Satchel // A Chloe bag isn’t close to being in my budget but I’ve lusted over it for years. I’m obsessed with the shape and design and while it comes in several colors, I would stick to one of the classics and use it for years to come.
14. Men’s Leather Work Bag // If a special man in your life reports to an office/travels for work, take a look at the bag they carry. A quality leather work bag can last him throughout his career and might be a splurge they may never consider buying for themselves. Admittedly, upgrading Dave’s work bag has been on my list for far too long.
15. MK Men’s Two-Tone Watch // Watches can get really expensive but a nice timepiece can also be a lifetime piece. This one (I gifted to Dave a few years ago) is on the more budget-friendly end of the nice-watch-spectrum and while it doesn’t come with the same “status” of some watch brands, it’s a nice, handsome watch. I love that it’s two-toned which can go with gold, white gold, platinum, or other color wedding bands.
It doesn’t have to be expensive to be special and it doesn’t have to be handmade to be sentimental. It’s easy to focus on a need and those definitely take priority but sometimes, it’s fun to focus on a want. Or something they don’t even know that they want. I’ll be sharing lots of gift ideas later in the week so if you aren’t already, you can sign up to receive my emails at the bottom of this post 😉
CYBER MONDAY SALES
Check out my favorite notable promotions below as you start browsing/shopping this weekend!
Nordstrom — Up to 50% off, plus, up to $100 back in Nordstrom Notes
Anthropologie — 30% off, plus extra 50% off sale
Serena & Lily — 25% off everything with code THANKFUL
American Eagle — 40% off entire site (plus free shipping); 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
Pottery Barn — 25% off and up to 70% off everything, plus free shipping with code CYBER
Mark & Graham — 25% off everything, plus monogramming and free shipping on everything with code FRIENDS
West Elm — 20% off — plus free shipping with code SHOPFAST
Williams-Sonoma Home — up to 50% off and lots of one-day deals
World Market — Buy More, Save More up to 40% off with code CYBER2019
LOFT — 50% off, plus free shipping with code CYBER
Old Navy — 50% off entire order
PB Kids — 5% off and up to 70% off everything, plus free shipping with code UNWRAP
PB Teen — 25-50% off everything, plus free shipping with code FREESHIP
Target — TONS of Cyber Monday deals, as noted on site, up to 50% off
Macy’s — TONS of individual sales, plus 20% off with code CYBER
Bloomingdales — 25% off all regular and sale; extra 50% off all clearance!
Minted — 25% off everything, plus free PRIORITY shipping
Crate & Barrel — 20-30% off everything, plus free shipping
Kendra Scott — 25% off everything or 30% off on $300+
Janie & Jack — 35% off everything
Wayfair — Black Friday Blowout (up to 80% off)
CB2 — Buy More, Save More (up to 25% off), plus free shipping on $29+