Today, I hope you are ready for some inspiration as I join seven other bloggers for a blog hop, to reveal not only the ultimate Instagram dream home as determined in a collaborative effort, but also to share our individual, unique “dream homes”. If you are joining me from my friend Mollie’s blog over at Design Loves Detail, and have already checked out her dream home, welcome! If you aren’t a regular on Instagram, let me catch you up to speed. Over the last six weeks, I partnered up with Mollie and six other talented home decor bloggers to take on the task of creating a dream home, comprised of Instagram entries using the #TheIGDreamHome hashtag. Each week, we announced a different room to showcase with the ultimate goal of choosing a favorite to be represented in the dream home. Got it?
While the individual winners from each week were announced on of the host accounts every Friday, below is the stunning result of literally thousands of rooms that were shared throughout the series. The weekly challenges were as follows:
- Week 1: Living Room
- Week 2: Bedroom
- Week 3: Kitchen
- Week 4: Dining Room
- Week 5: Bonus (any additional space which wasn’t categorized in the previous weeks)
- Week 6: Exterior
Each week was a tough deliberation, but the winning entries blew us away. Below are the final results for #TheIGDreamHome.
With eight hosts and six weeks worth of of entries and difficult decisions, we decided to take it a step further – to choose some of our personal favorites and create our own unique dream homes. So, for the very first time, I am excited to reveal my personal dream home, as made possible by all those who participated and joined in with us over the last several weeks.
- Jennifer @thegracehouse is one of my favorites to follow on Instagram. Like me, she loves decorating in neutral tones but she has a unique talent of making her spaces look elegant and cozy at the same time. Her living room is both a show piece and a place I would love to cuddle up for a Saturday Netflix binge-watching session.
- Deborah @blountdesigns has created a master retreat with two qualities I need in a bedroom – calming, yet still glam. Ok, SUPER glam! She has taken both contemporary and traditional elements and created a cohesive, timeless design. I would never have thought to try a lucite bench with a leather sleigh bed, but Deborah not only makes it work, she rocks this look!
- With my love for clean, white kitchens combined with interesting architecture, I could not have dreamed of a more perfect kitchen for myself. The peeks of black contrast and the gold lanterns bring some excitement to this sleek space. I am totally in love with this kitchen from @christiebinteriors!
- From her famous plate wall to her classic, handsome, table and captain chairs, Kris @drivenbydecor has a dining room that gets me every time. Her simple, statement-making greenery centerpiece is the perfect pop of color in this neutral, timeless space.
- For Week Five’s “bonus week”, we saw gorgeous guest bedrooms, offices, bathrooms, etc. but this covered outdoor retreat by Melody @myhouseoffour made my jaw drop. Can you imagine a more perfect place to be in the summer? Or, with that fireplace (which is also accessed by her master bedroom), a winter evening would be incredible too. Beyond this sophisticated cabana is a pool, with a cascading waterfall. Where can I sign up for this?!
- Not only does Meg @countryhillsidehomestead have an incredibly beautiful home (both inside and outside, you will definitely want to check it out!), but it sits in the most gorgeous setting! Complete with her pup and a touch of ‘Merica, Meg’s house just feels like home.
So, now that you have stuck around for my personal dream home reveal, you can head on over to the blog of one of my fellow hosts, Brittany at Addison’s Wonderland to check out her personal dream home from #TheIGDreamHome entries!
If this is your first time stopping by, I would love for you to visit again! A huge thank you to all those who participated and made this such a fun collaboration over the past several weeks, and a special thank you to my co-hosts who were a true “dream” to work with. You can check out each of them below.
- Kelley Nan (you are here)
- Addison’s Wonderland (next stop)
- The House of Silver Lining
- Randi Garrett Design
- Haneen’s Haven
- Designs by Laila
- Design Loves Detail