NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE LIVE TOMORROW!
*Posts on KelleyNan.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.*
Tomorrow morning, at 3:00 a.m. (Eastern), the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is launching. Actually, it launches for cardholders tomorrow as a pre-sale, and then opens to everyone on July 20. This sale alone is why I opted to open a credit card a few years ago – if you were frustrated last year in not getting to shop immediately, you can apply for one HERE. If approved, you will get electronic access as a cardholder, along with a $40 Nordstrom note (cash to go toward your purchase) but I believe you have to use the note the same day as your sign-up. I’ll be sharing first thing in the morning for you early shoppers, but will also be sharing again once the sale is open to the public.
I’m not gonna lie- last year was kind of a wreck. Items sold out so quickly during pre-sale, I regretted waiting on some things and ended up refreshing my pages, hoping for returns to be entered back into the system. And, because more people shopped the sale, Nordstrom wasn’t prepared and their system actually went down for the good part of a day. (But, they have the BEST customer service and rewarded cardholders with a 10x point day, which was awesome) It didn’t stop me from shopping the sale throughout the month, repeatedly, and making sure I had all the essentials I wanted for fall, though. And luckily, I purchased correctly and my fall wardrobe was made up, almost exclusively, of pieces I’d purchased during the sale. If you’re new to the sale, that’s the great thing – the majority of it is made up of brand new releases, especially for fall and winter, that are 20%-40% off.
LAST YEAR’S FAVS
I shopped a lot for both Dave and myself but out of everything I ended up scoring, these were my top five favorites and most used/worn.
- Free People Tunic // I ended up getting this oversized plaid tunic in all three colors; since, it has been one of my most asked about pieces by anyone who sees me in them via the blog/Instagram stories. I was able to wear it almost immediately following the sale, all the way through spring. If they have more this year, I’m buying ’em!
- Zella Live In High Waist Leggings // When I say “I wore/wear these almost every day”, I’m not kidding. The material is great, they suck you in, but they don’t cut off your circulation. Plus, I wear them dressed down, running errands, or dressed up. I got a second pair of different black leggings and ended up only wearing them once because I prefer these so much more. I need several more pairs, just to save on laundry.
- UGG Poncho // I got this in two colors and wore them this past winter so often. It was my flight go-to and what I always gravitated toward, especially on cold casual days. Plus, even after wearing the heck out of it, it’s still super soft. If they have them again, I want one in maroon.
- Knit Blazer // Sometimes, I think because my style is much more casual than it used to be when I worked in an office, I’ve forgotten how to “deal” with not feeling like I’m in sweats all the time. Heels are tricker and I don’t like feeling structured and constricted- I’ve been spoiled by stretch and flats. (Is that sad?) This blazer dresses up a pair of jeans but is so incredibly comfortable. It’s stretchy and feels more like a workout jacket than blazer. Hoping they have more this year so I can get ANOTHER black one and another color.
- Blondo Waterproof Booties // I got these in two colors and they ended up being the best footwear purchase I made. They are comfortable but can still be dressed up a little (like with jeans and that blazer above). I am set with the two pairs I have (they have held up beautifully and still look new!) but I THINK one of their new styles will likely be going on sale. You can actually still find these available (and for a ridiculous price) HERE; and other styles, still in stock HERE.
TOP ITEMS I’LL BE HUNTING FOR THIS YEAR
In addition to the items listed above, I’m gonna have my eye (and hopes) on some of the following…
- Barefoot Dreams cardigan – I’m dying to see what they hype is all about!
- T3 blowdryer
- More pairs of Hanky Panky undies (I stock up every year)
- Favorite hair/makeup sets
- Cardigans/cozy sweaters
- Tennis shoes
- Work shoes, Vineyard Vines shirts, and jeans for Dave
- Christmas gift possibilities
As a Reminder: All orders come with free shipping AND free returns! If I’m not sure about something, I’ll go ahead and snag it (I’ve learned my lesson) – for shoes, I will even buy two sizes sometimes. I especially like to do this if I am not familiar with a brand and will return the pair that don’t fit.
I’ll be sharing my favs from this year’s sale first thing tomorrow and will be updating as I shop. Cheers!